Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Scanner advice Uniden 125

Post Scanner advice Uniden 125 
Edited post slightly as I have now ordered a Uniden UBC-125xLT and its on it's way...

Been looking at the scanning info on here and have these questions as I'm a numpty with this stuff...

1-Any tips on programming it (what programs do you like) to get started and keep it all organised?
2-Do people share a csv file with the useful frquencies?
4-Anybody listen to anything else interesting on them?
5-Any other 125 specific tips/comments from people who have been using one?

Cheers Diolch
Chris

I bought one of these as my PSR295 is on its last legs, it seems to do the job fine although my PSR does tend to pick up the comms fractionally quicker. I think you need to buy software extra if you want to programme the channels using your pc. I found the manual programming is quite straightforward after you've input a couple, give the user manual a read and get stuck in! Everybody recommends that you upgrade the antenna - Watson 881 is a popular one, however you can find Nagoya 771 which are virtually identical on ebay much cheaper (I've got both). I've always programmed channels into banks depending on the type eg - 1 for transit channels (Swanwick Mil), 2 for A2A frequencies, other banks programmed for various airshow locations etc.
I think you can pick up other stuff like RNLI but I've not tried.

If you want to DM me your email address I can send over my channel list if that helps.

Al

Fox2 Banner2

I have the 3500 and use bctools+ on my pc to program the channels, this software is free but you do need the serial cable to connect Pc to scanner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99115224@N06/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Thers a program called scan125 (free) so will give that a go to start off
I ordered a Watson to go with it Smile
Knowing my luck everything will go digital now...

I put the Codes in Manually .. upgraded the antenna as well but an unheard of brand Super Gainer at 20 .. I also listen to BHX, NPAS and random PMR Radios!

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

Well I picked it up from the couriers collection point yesterday, all I have sussed so far is how to turn it on Smile  Confused
Will get my 5 year old to show me later

you got the instructions Chris? surprisingly they're understandable for non-gibberish speakers

Steve @funtera
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

Got the booklet and had a quick glance, I'm going to need to lock myself away somewhere and work it out Smile

I have an old Realistic pro2006 base station scanner I dug out the other day, it has loads of buttons but operation is farly simple because of it!
Is the 125 able to be set to search a set frequency range as well as programmed channels, ie set it to search between say 200mhz and 400mhz for a broadcast? Had a quick shufty in the book before I went to work and it dint jump out at me.

I think it can scan for none programmed channels that chirp up nearby - I recall disabling something as it was getting on my nerves!

Al

Fox2 Banner2

Had a quick play, there pre-programmed frequency search ranges, not sure yet if I can define what the range is yet.
Think what you mean is "close call"?
I was expecting that to go off when the Mrs narrowly missed signing for the delivery ie "no, not more man crap?!"

I was expecting that to go off when the Mrs narrowly missed signing for the delivery ie "no, not more man crap?!"

FULLY Sympathise on that one

Steve @funtera
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

There is a 125 facebook group as well that helps out. more eyes on that group than looking at this specific thread.

Cheers
Dave Caris
http://casperflights.com/
Twitter @EGCCasper
Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/50486232@N05/

Planebase Logo
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1