Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Mach Loop Parking

I honestly don't know Mate, I haven't done the Week after RIAT but Schools are still in, People should be back at work! 8 should be cool.. but I always park "The Other Side" on the Farm Lane

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

hoping a regular "Departures' Week" Looper can help on that one

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

Parking has been an increasing problem for months. I've not been able to get to the Loop for over a year now, but I'm not sure if I'd just have come away a bit fed up anyway! Last time I went, the Bwlch car park was full by 7 with cars double parked (ie blocking others in) and the farmers gate - again - made inacessible by inconsiderate people who seem to have little respect for the locals.  Too many people looking for their personal airshow! Before anyone has a pop and accuses me of wanting this to be the relatively "secret" hobby it used to be "back in the old days", I'm a recent convert myself, having only discovered the loop, by accident from a magazine article I saw in a hospital waiting room, and have only been visiting since 2013ish anyway. So, I understand the attraction and am keen to get back soon! But, I won't go in school holidays as, although I recognise it's the only chance for youngsters to get there, it's just too busy.

I wonder what the pilots make of it all.

Hopefully, I'll be up a hill somewhere one day in winter!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/victorthesecond
Canon 70d
Canon 300mm f4 L
Canon 70-300IS USM
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 28mm f2.8
Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

I went late July and the bwlch car park was completely full with people parking three deep and along the verge, it's an accident waiting to happen unfortunately. It's not just togs either, hill walkers added to the mayhem.

Canon 5d mkIII
EF500mm F4 IS mkII
EF300mm F2.8 IS mkII
EF70-200mm F2.8 IS mkII
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2