Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

Post new member 
Hi guys, new member here from merseyside area. Recently retired and hoping to get around the lake district area for some photo's.
Dave

Cheers Gareth

I need to be on a hill!

Dave

not done the Lakes myself but Good Hunting chap

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

Cheers Steve, even if I don't get any photo's, it's still a pleasant day out up there. I am new to the photography game, so I bought myself the basics to get started. A canon 1100D and 55-250 IS lens. Some of the photo's by members on here are superb.
Dave

that's the right thinking Dave, The Views are superb the Company is excellent (unless you're sat on your own like I have been some days!) and the Aircraft .. if/when they arrive! the buzz is great.
A lot of Hints/Tips have been written and suggested with Speed/ISO/Settings.. work out what You're happiest with and We're looking forward to seeing some pics

Steve @funtera
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

Hi Steve, I have been browsing through the forums and already found some great tips by folk here. Gonna wait till rain stops and try out the manual setting on civilian jets passing over just to make sure I don't end up with a blurred blob. I do have plenty of photos from the Southport Airshow, but will refrain from posting in fear of embarrassing myself after seeing the quality on this site !
Dave

Dave, post them up chap .. as long as you're happy with them then stuff what anyone else thinks but listen and learn from the comments/criticism(sp) -
I like You went to a Local airport, BHX is just down the Road and my In-Laws live on LHRs approach and got used to changing the speeds faster and ISO/f-stops (which I still don't get)
Steve

Steve @funtera
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

Hi Steve, I might put some up, just to see what people think. I am always open to criticism, just so long as it's constructive.  I wasn't that confident when using the camera, so I shot everything on full auto.
 I know, I know, the shame of it.
Keep a look out over the weekend, I will get my daughter maybe to do some editing to make them look better, and post them in the Photo's forum if they look ok.
Once they are up, maybe some kind folk will take pity on me and tell me where I am going wrong.
Cheers
Dave

Dave, nothing wrong with that bud, we'll get you out of it and the rest of them will show you how to do the editing right yourself!!

Steve @funtera
HATO/FOX2 Refugee
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1