Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Who Dares Wins filming locations in North Wales

Post Who Dares Wins filming locations in North Wales 
I recently saw the film Who Dares Wins again, and have always wondered where the filming locations in Wales were.
At the end of the film it says North Wales - and it is classic Snowdonia scenery. But i wondered where the exact locations were, and as there are
a lot of members on here from the North Wales area, they may recognise these two locations and be able to shed some light - which will be much appreciated.
Mark.

First is the location up on a hill.
In photo 1, looking down to a small road and a distinct farm house in the background.
Photo 2 is up on the hill with a background in a different direction, where there is a lake (not unlike the view from Cad East), with a very winding road heading down to the lake.

Next is a large and possibly well known waterfall that features in the film from the same area.
Photo 1 is the bottom of the waterfall, and photo 2 showing it at the top.

That road is a river in 2 I think , 1st may be Capel Curig , I have a very similar shot I will dig it out Good

Cheers Gareth

I need to be on a hill!

Number 1 appears to be the hydroelectric power station at the foot of Snowdon near Pen y Pass. This would have been just out of shot to the right in Number 2 which is a famous viewpoint looking to Llyn Gwynant.

Number 3 looks to be from the series of waterfalls in Number 4 which feature below the road on the A5 pass where it bends to Nant Francon. The peak of Tryfan can just be made out in the background.

Hope this is right!

setups = upsets Bomb

Untitled-1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

I need to be on a hill!

Excellent information! Thanks Gareth and Dave Good

And thanks to Gareth I now know that that winding road is actually a winding river Good

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1